May 3 '11
Following on from my post ‘It’s not often that the organ world leads the way – a social media case study my role as ‘organist’s moll’ has brought me to the beautiful city of Carcassonne. Whilst Dr H (the husband) has trundled off to the coast to review some archive materials, I have been left here to contemplate the history, shops and markets that the city has to offer. It’s a hardship, I know.
Whilst here I thought I would spend some time catching up and, in the process of doing so, I have been interested to see a number of really fascinating tweets and articles that I’ve put by to read in recent weeks. I wanted to share some of them with you:
- The Twitter Guide Book – from Mashable.com – everything you could want to know about getting started with Twitter… including examples of people using it effectively and (I think) an answer to the ‘why bother’ question.
- For a services business, like a law firm, a blog trumps a website – from Kevin O’Keefe – an interesting discussion about the power of content for services marketing.
- How to deliver an experience – from Duct Tape Marketing – the oh so regularly overlooked power of packaging our correspondence…
- The 30-minute Inbound Marketer – from Hubspot – little things we can all do to get going with social media.
- LinkedIn usage in law firms, report – from Fellsoft – some interesting figures on take-up of LinkedIn in law firms (UK and USA), particularly in terms of those that have marketing support and those that don’t.
- 5 ways to liven up your twitter stream – from Mashable – some great ideas for those of us that seek inspiration from time to time.
- B2B Case Study: LinkedIn Direct Ads – from econsultancy – an interesting case study looking at LinkedIn advertising, how it can work, what doesn’t and thoughts for the future.
- How to host your first webinar – from Hubspot – it does what it says on the tin. Excellent tips for getting started with your first online seminar.
- How to turn one piece of content into five – from, yet again, Hubspot – tackling the ‘getting your moneys worth out of content’ issue. When we’ve taken the time to write it, how can we make it work for us?
- 51 digital marketing articles you might have missed – from Mashable – in short, if you’ve liked this… you’ll love this…