Aug 13 '12
It’s hard to imagine the internet without Google. Can’t remember the name of that guy on the TV screen? Google it. Want to find out how to make your meringue nice and fluffy? Google it. Not sure of the winning answer in the pub quiz? Google it…. secretly. You get the idea. Google is one of the biggest companies in the world and it was only a matter of time before they released their own social network… Google+.
Google+ doesn’t hog the limelight from Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, in fact it has been criticised by some as being a social network for ‘Google employees’ only. Considering the huge company behind it, it’s a bit of an underdog, it’s ‘up-and-coming’. But with a good profile and some clever tactics, Google+ can be a fantastic networking tool for any business. A business page on Google+ can help you make sure your sending the right messages to the right people and ensure you’re getting promoted on every corner of the web with the force of the Google machine behind you.
In our Google+ overview we’ll guide you through getting started with Google+, developing your business page and presence and give an insight into how you can promote and measure our brand and business.
10 great things to with Google+
- Share – Google+ is a new way to share your news and updates with a new, interested network. You can share links, images and videos in a variety of different ways.
- Circles – Circles let you organise the way you talk to your followers. Manage different Circles of people to ensure you’re getting the right message across to the right people.
- Hangouts – Hangouts let you video chat with customers and colleagues all over the world.
- Explore – The Explore function gives you the opportunity to find out what’s hot and what’s not in your business category, with your followers and within your business itself.
- Events – Promote business events in a brand new way. Invite followers, sync event details with Google Calendar and even share live photo streams with ‘Party Mode’.
- +1 – Share things on your business Google+ page with the click of a button. Anytime you see a Google +1 button on a website you can instantly share on your page.
- Local – Use the Local tab to find out what’s popular in your local area. Search for nearby businesses and services and make sure that you are on the map.
- Promote – Promote your site and Google+ page yourself with specially designed tools or help others recommend you.
- Measure – Use the Google+ built-in analytics features to study who is visiting your site and how far your messages are reaching.
- Enjoy the results – Google+ is the perfect way to share your business stories amongst one of the biggest brands on the internet.
But there’s loads more… To download the rest of this overview, click here… and if you want to know even more, just get in touch on email@example.com.