Jul 26 '17
For those getting going on LinkedIn as a social selling tool the launch of LinkedIn’s video functionality is good news. LinkedIn is rolling out, gradually, the option to record and upload short videos as posts.
We’ve had a play and here’s what we’ve found:
- It’s easy and simple to use – there’s no excuse for not giving it a go.
- At the moment, the feature is only available in the mobile app. The video option appears as an extra icon in the post window.
- Users will be able to upload videos of up to 10 minutes in length but LinkedIn recommends between 30 seconds and 5 minutes as being the optimum length.
- They’re best recorded in landscape view.
- You don’t have to worry about making a hash of it – LinkedIn allows you to keep retrying until you are satisfied with the result. The videos are recorded not live streamed.
- Linkedin offers some good analytics about each video, including:
- Number of views, shares, likes and comments – so you can see what formats and topics work best for your audience(s)
- Data about where viewers work and their job titles – so you can follow up on targets and interested parties
- Identities of your top viewers – as above
As we’ve mentioned, this functionality is only available (currently) via the mobile app and is being gradually rolled out. If you see it, why not give it a try over the summer holidays.